Explore the inner workings of the American political system this J-Term with a weeklong study of the current administration’s relationship with the new 112th U.S. Congress, and another weeklong look into the relationship between politics and the media.
The Political Science Department will offer The Washington Center “Inside Washington” seminar, POLS 296-01 and POLS 296-02 (two credits total) on Jan. 2-15, 2011:
- Week one: “The New Congress,” Jan. 2-8
- Week two: “Politics and the Media,” Jan. 9-15
“Inside Washington” will:
- Expand participants' knowledge of American and international politics through on-site visits to Capitol Hill, executive agencies, think tanks, trade associations and media organizations in Washington, D.C.
- Engage and network with nationally and internationally recognized public officials and business professionals.
- Heighten a sense of civic engagement as well as leadership skills, expertise and professionalism.
The application deadline is Wednesday, Dec. 8; the early deadline (with guaranteed acceptance of qualified applicants) is Friday, Nov. 12. Before applying, contact Dr. Angela High-Pippert.
For more information and an application visit The Washington Center website.