Leadership Academy lists professional-development opportunities for fall 2006
The Leadership Academy announces its fall line-up of professional development offerings for UST employees. Based on the results of a universitywide needs assessment, a wide variety of presentations have been developed (if you were unable to complete the needs assessment link earlier, it still is available for your input on the Leadership Academy Web site).
Sign up for the following professional development sessions that best meet your needs and interests:
Open to everyone
- "Healthy Relationships in the Workplace"; Wednesday, Sept. 27; Susen Fagrelius, CPCC, co-founder of SALKANA, offers vision-inspired coaching and consulting services for individuals and organizations
- "Managing and Motivating Student Employees"; Thursday, Sept. 28; Susan McDougall, HR specialist
- "Meeting Management: Everyone's Responsibility"; Tuesday, Oct. 3; Jerilynn Sushko, president of The Business Training Group
- "Other People's Power: A Simulation Experience"; Friday, Oct. 6; Dr. Lawrence Potter, executive director, Office of Institutional Diversity, and Barbara Clark, equity and inclusion strategist and consultant
- "Project Management," a two-part series; Wednesdays, Oct. 11, and 25; Dr. Ernest Owens Jr., Center for Business Excellence lead faculty for project management
- "Effective Time Management"; Tuesday, Oct. 24; Jerilynn Sushko, president of The Business Training Group
- "High Impact Presentations"; Thursday, Nov. 9; Jerilynn Sushko, president of The Business Training Group
- "Compensation Principles for Supervisors"; Tuesday, Oct. 10; Pete Ronza
- "Bringing the Right Talent to Your Team"; Thursday, Oct. 26; Kristen Ireland, HR partner, and Susan McDougall, HR specialist
- "Giving and Receiving Performance Feedback"; Thursday, Nov. 2; Lisa Griebel, Crescendo Inc.
- "The Catholic Social Tradition: Implications for Managing at UST"; Wednesday, Nov. 15; Dr. Robert Kennedy, co-director of the Terrence J. Murphy Institute for Catholic Thought, Law and Public Policy
- "Managing the Employee-Supervisor Relationship"; Tuesday, Dec. 5; Julie Schwalbach, HR partner
Banner, Murphy, ReportNet
- "Murphy Online Finance," various sessions; check Training Online for details
Technology Series – Watch for upcoming announcements of new technology sessions to be offered this fall.
Support Staff Series – Due to the topics of sessions of interest to everyone this fall, all sessions have been identified as open to everyone or as part of the Managers Series. Watch for further offerings in the Support Staff Series in winter 2007.
Please remember to seek supervisor approval before registering for sessions. Participation may be limited for some sessions so you are encouraged to check the listings and register early.