Tommies show their pride at homecoming Nov. 7-9
University of St. Thomas alumni and students look forward to the university's annual homecoming-reunion celebration Nov. 7-9.
Don't miss these events:
Friday, Nov. 7
- Tommie "Olympics" and Homecoming Pep Fest: STAR hosts this annual clubs competition at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 7, in Coughlan Field House. The top three teams receive points toward a grand prize.
Stick around for the pep fest, which begins at 7 p.m. in Coughlan Field House. Tommie Olympics and banner competition winners will be announced, and homecoming T-shirts will be distributed. This is the only time to get your homecoming shirt, so don't miss the pep fest.
- Homecoming concert: STAR hosts a 9 p.m. concert by St. Paul hip-hop/rap band Heiruspecs. To be admitted, you must show a UST student ID.
Saturday, Nov. 8
- Homecoming 5K Run/Walk: The UST Wellness Center hosts this annual run/walk for all students, faculty, staff and alumni. The event begins at 9 a.m. at the Summit Avenue arches. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Fireside Room of Koch Commons. Registration forms are available online at www.stthomas.edu/wellness . It's free for students, $7 for faculty and staff, $10 for alumni and $15 for family and friends.
- Homecoming parade: The parade begins at 10 a.m. (note earlier time) Saturday, Nov. 8, along Summit Avenue between Fry Street and Cretin Avenue. Watch for floats, bands, cheerleaders and, of course, the St. Thomas mascot, "Tommie." (Free and open to the public.)
- Taste of Saints: The university's Student Alumni Council hosts this annual fundraiser for student clubs and organizations. It's like a giant tailgate party, where you can visit with friends, entertain the kids and catch a bite to eat before the football game. It lasts from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, on the main campus quadrangle. Admission is free and open to the public.
- Football game: The Tommies take on the Royals of Bethel University at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, on Palmer Field at St. Thomas' O'Shaughnessy Stadium. Gates open at noon. Tickets are free with a UST ID and $6 for adults, $3 for students and free for kids under 5.
- Homecoming dance: UST students are invited to show their Tommie pride at this semiformal dance beginning at 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, in Coughlan Field House. The dance lasts until 1 a.m., but nobody will be admitted after 12:30 a.m.
For admission, you need a wristband. Wristbands are on sale until they're sold out or from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, whichever happens first. They're $5 (UST students with ID) and $10 (guests) at the Box Office, located in the lower level of Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Students may bring one guest each; everyone – students and guests – must present valid identification.
Have a special request for dance music? Visit www.iknowthedj.com .
- Late-night breakfast: If you've danced up an appetite Saturday night, come to the Student Dining Room, where a late-night breakfast begins at midnight.
- Homecoming-Reunion Mass: University friends and neighbors are welcome to join the St. Thomas community for Sunday worship. Mass begins at 11 a.m. on Nov. 9 in the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas.
Need more info? For student events, call STAR, (651) 962-6136. For alumni reunion events, call the St. Thomas Alumni Association, (651) 962-6430.