The Women's Center Book Club invites the campus community to join in the first of its 2011-12 monthly discussions on Wednesday, June 29.
The club will discuss The Enchanted April, by Elizabeth von Arnim, from noon to 1 p.m. at the center, Room 103, O'Shaughnessy Educational Center.
The 2011-12 reading list:
- June 29 – The Enchanted April, by Elizabeth von Arnim
- July 27 – Spending: A Novel, by Mary Gordon
- Aug. 31 – The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, by Muriel Sparks
- Sept. 28 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling
- Oct. 26 – The God of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy
- Nov. 30 – Dreams of Trespass: Tales of a Harem Girlhood, by Fatima Mernissi
- Jan. 25 – Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
- Feb. 29 – Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, by Sheryl WuDunn and Nicolas Kristof
- March 28 – Tropic of Orange, by Karen Tei Yamashita
- April 25 – Joys of Motherhood, by Buchi Emecheta
- May 30 – The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse, by Louise Erdrich