University of St. Thomas' USG Student Diversity Committee – Hana, GMSA, ANSA, HUSA, LU, Invisible Children and BESA – is hosting Livin’ in Color Week with help from co-op funds through St. Thomas Activities and Recreation (STAR).
The week, full of multicultural and diverse events, will be held Tuesday through Saturday, April 17-21. All events are open to the public.
A drawing for prizes will take place for eligible participants. To qualify, get a stamp at each of the participating events; the more events attended, the better the odds to win a bigger prize. The top prize is a Kindle Fire followed by gift cards to fine dining in the Twin Cities (Se7en, Fogo de Chao and Manny’s Steakhouse) and smaller gift cards to other restaurants and stores.
Pick up stamp cards:
- At the events
- At the Hana office, Room 310, Anderson Student Center
- At the Student Diversity and Inclusion Services office on the second floor of Anderson Student Center
Pick up a free T-shirt at any of the events; limit one per person with UST ID.
Livin’ in Color Week events:
- African Dance, noon-1 p.m. in the Dance Room, lower level, Anderson Student Center
- Poetic Assassin, 6 p.m. in Scooter’s, first floor, Anderson Student Center
- N-Word Presentation, 7-9 p.m. in the O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium
- Latino Night: Salsa Dance Lesson, 8 p.m. in the Dance Room, lower level, Anderson Student Center
- Ebony Open Mic Night, 7:30-11:30 p.m. in Scooter’s
- International Dinner, 6-8:30 p.m. in the Wolfe Alumni Hall (north)
(Must purchase ticket to attend.)