Ash Wednesday Mass schedule announced
Listed below is the Ash Wednesday (March 1) Mass schedule:
- 7 a.m. in the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Noon in the St. Thomas More Chapel (Minneapolis)
- 12:05 p.m. in the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
- 5 p.m. in St. Mary’s Chapel (south campus )
- 7 p.m. in the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
Lent is a penitential time in the Catholic Church. Catholics age 14 and older, in good health, are required to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and on all Fridays during Lent. Catholics 18 to 59 also are obliged to fast – that is, eat only one full meal – on Ash Wednesday and on Good Friday. On these days, smaller quantities of food may be taken at two other meals, but should not equal a full meal together. No food should be consumed at any other time on those two days.
Visit the Catholic Online Web site for an explanation of Ash Wednesday and links to information on Lent.