Dr. Massoud Amin, director of the Technological Leadership Institute at the University of Minnesota, will speak Tuesday, Sept. 28, at the Association for Strategic Planning 2010 Fall Breakfast Series. His topic is “Shaping Business for Success: Strategic Scanning, Mapping and Foresight to Identify Emerging and Pivotal Technologies.”
Registration will begin at 7 a.m. followed by breakfast and networking. The presentation and discussion will be held from 7:45 to 9 a.m. in Room 202, Opus Hall, Minneapolis campus.
Topics of discussion:
- Strategic scanning to identify niche, pivotal, and emerging technologies for business growth
- Sustainable development challenges and the critical role of foresight, innovation, speed and agility
- Opportunities in the global market place for transformative products and services
Amin is sometimes called the “father of the smart grid.” He is an expert in and teaches graduate courses on smart grids, critical infrastructure security, pivotal technologies, IP valuation and strategy, and leads the Minnesota Smart Grid Coalition.
Cost of the breakfast presentation:
- $25 – students and members
- $35 – standard prepaid guest rate
- $40 – guest rate at the door
Register by Friday, Sept. 24, on the Association for Strategic Planning website or call (952) 457-6396."