It’s time to celebrate your body! After all, it’s the only place you have to live!
The Wellness Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Health Services, sponsors of Body Image Week, Feb. 23-March 1 – #iambeautifulUST – have organized several events to raise awareness about the lack of knowledge in the community surrounding negative body image and eating disorders.
The reality is that they are extremely common, affecting an increasing number of people each year; the statistics are quite dire. The disorders are not a lifestyle choice, they are not about food, and you cannot tell just by looking if someone is suffering.
These events and the awareness campaigns are an opportunity to show support for a more caring and compassionate UST as we work together to bring positive change for people suffering from an eating disorder and negative body image.
Body Image Week events
- Monday, Feb. 24: Celebrating Selfies, ASC 233 (noon-1 p.m.)
- Monday, Feb. 24: Food For The Soul: Healthy Cooking Class with Chef Ken, The View (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: Info Table with Melrose, ASC, second floor (convo hour)
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: Movie Night: America the Beautiful, Wellness Center, MHC 355 (9:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, Feb. 27: TED Talk, “Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I’m a model.” Wellness Center, MHC 355 (noon-1 p.m.)
Also keep your eye out for passive programing throughout Anderson Student Center and remember: You are beautiful!