Hallie Ashenmacher won the Sense of Place category in the 2004 International Education Photo Contest with this photograph of Kylemore Abbey in County Galway, Ireland.
Celebrate International Week
It's International Week, sponsored by International Programs: the International Education Center, the Office of International Student Services and ELS Language Centers.
Come and celebrate with St. Thomas’ International Programs by participating in some of these activities:
All week, Oct. 17-21:
- International displays in Murray-Herrick Campus Center and near the arches.
- Medallion hunt through Thursday, Oct. 20. Bulletin Today will have a "button" link to the trivia questions today through Thursday. The button is located on the right side of Bulletin Today's homepage.
- International food specials in the Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room (see listing under each day). All week in Scooter's:
- Creole pizza slices with Andouille sausage.
- Caribbean wrap made of ham, pineapple, red and green peppers, red onions and tangy island sauce for $4.24.
- Pizza for one: El Paso chicken pizza made with barbecue sauce, chicken, black beans, onions and cheddar jack cheese for $3.99. Megan Christensen took third place in the Sense of Place category in the 2004 International Education Photo Contest with this photo of the Taj Mahal in Agra, India.
Monday, Oct. 17
- The Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room special (Africa) – Jollof rice, $4.
- International brown bag from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Bring your lunch; beverages and dessert will be provided. A panel comprised of Dr. Kevin Sauter and Dr. Camille George, and students Mary McKee, Hannah Poferl and Belco Tamboura, will discuss “The Shea Butter Project: Supporting Women in Mali, Africa.”
Tuesday, Oct. 18
- The Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room special (Jamaica) – Jamaican jerk pork loin with black beans and rice, $4.50.
Wednesday, Oct. 19
- The Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room special (Japan) – Chicken teriyaki over rice, $4.25.
- Scooter's: Falafel with a pita and cucumber sauce with fries for $4.50.
- Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony to be held from 4 to 5 p.m. in Room 160, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
- An event with attendance by invitation only – faculty dinner discussion on the topic "Japan,” at 5:15 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 20
- The Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room special (Russia) – Stuffed chicken served with creamy potatoes (Kurinoye File So Smorchkani), $4.25 .
- International Food and Fun Fair will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Coughlan Field House. Tour the 17-foot high Earth balloon and view the Earth from inside. The fair will feature international food; Café Line will serve a deli lunch. There will be an international bazaar, selling free-trade items (bring cash or check), music from around the world and more.
- Medallion hunt winners will be announced.
Friday and Saturday, Oct. 21 and 22
- The Grill and the Faculty-Staff Dining Room special on Friday (Egypt) – Falafel in a pita with chips, $4.
- Soccer games at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at O’Shaughnessy Stadium. Join in these informal matches and play soccer with friends in a relaxed environment. Contact Nico Moreau, (651) 962-6650, to participate.