Earlier this year I put out a call for two full-time faculty members willing to co-chair the university’s reaccreditation self-study and prepare for the 2013 site evaluation visit from the Higher Learning Commission (formerly called the North Central Association).
I am so thankful for all the offers of help and support that we received from faculty and staff. It was a difficult selection process because highly qualified, dedicated and effective faculty stepped forward.
I am pleased to welcome Dr. Marty Johnston, Physics, and Dr. Wendy Wyatt, Communication and Journalism, as the faculty co-chairs for this evaluation that takes place once every 10 years.
Dr. Johnston was involved in the last accreditation visit as a member of the Human, Financial and Physical Resources Committee. In addition to serving as department chair, he has served on college- and university-level:
- curriculum committees,
- Faculty Affairs Committee,
- Strategic Planning Committee,
- Bush Planning Grant Committee,
- Ad Hoc Academic Priorities Committee,
- various undergraduate research committees,
- Faculty Grants Office Advisory Committee,
- Core Curriculum Assessment Committee,
- Ad Hoc Merit and Evaluation Committee,
- Ad Hoc College of Arts and Sciences Mission, Vision and Priorities Working Group, and
- the engineering transition team.
Dr. Wyatt has served on department-level committees and had been involved with study-abroad, service-learning and student-faculty research partnerships. She also taught in the Aquinas Honors program and served as the College of Arts and Sciences faculty secretary. She has been a member of the:
- Faculty Senate,
- Faculty Development Committee,
- Student Life Committee,
- Enrollment and Financial Aid Working Group,
- Ad Hoc Committee on Merit Pay,
- Institutional Climate, Culture and Inclusion Diversity Working Group,
- First-Year Experience Auxiliary Task Force (subcommittee of the Core Curriculum Task Force), and
- Ethics Across the Curriculum Task Force.
The three of us will work as a team to coordinate the self-study and the 2013 site visit. Look for regular updates as the evaluation process moves forward over the next two and a half years.
We will put out a call for faculty and staff volunteers to work on subcommittees related to the self-study.
Thank you once again to all who offered to serve as self-study co-chairs.