International students make great friends for the whole family!
Connect with an international student through CultureLink Program
The Office of International Student Services (OISS) at the University of St. Thomas invites UST faculty and staff, as well as members of the St. Thomas community, to join the CultureLink Friendship Family Program.
This program connects new international students with American families. The goal of the CultureLink is to promote cultural exchange within the St. Thomas community and to help international students adjust to life in the United States.
As a friendship family, you will have a unique opportunity to learn about various countries and world cultures and traditions during your free time.
It is easy to be a friendship family; here’s how:
- Host an international student for a few days upon his or her arrival;
- Keep in contact with your student during the year;
- Introduce your student to American culture by inviting him or her to occasional family dinners and other events;
- Enjoy cultural exchange with your student.
With minimum time commitment, you will help international students learn about the American culture and create great memories.
If you are interested in the program and would like to get more information, plan to attend one of these Friendship Family information sessions:
- 11 a.m. - noon Friday, Feb. 17, in Room 160, Murray- Herrick Campus Center
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 2, in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
During the information session, you will see the program presentation and meet current participants of the Friendship Family Program who will tell you about their successful experience.
Join the CultureLink Friendship Family Program and see the world through the eyes of international students.