University of St. Thomas Dining Services has developed new catering guidelines and menus, which will be posted online Friday, Oct. 1.
These changes are part of the university’s efforts to reduce cost structure and preserve money for student programming per direction given by the university’s board of trustees. They are consistent with the May 21 Bulletin Today announcement by Dr. Mark Dienhart and Dr. Susan Huber.
Dining Services formed a user group, which began meeting during the summer, to discuss concerns, evaluate programs and work together to meet the catering expectations of the university community. It became apparent during the user group meetings that these changes will be a fluid process. The user group will meet throughout the year to monitor and provide feedback on the new processes.
Dining Services appreciates your patience as this policy evolves amidst increased catering business. Please provide your feedback and suggestions to email@example.com.
- All catered events hosted on campus and paid through internal organization accounts must use Dining Services. Meetings held off campus for official university business will continue to be reimbursed by the university. Exceptions will be made case by case and must receive written approval from the director of Dining Services.
- As soon as a date has been set and space reserved, submit an RFS with your food order. Because of the increased volume of business in Dining Services, advance planning is crucial to the success of your event.
- All catering orders, including “UST On-the-Go,” should be placed online through the RFS system.
- Cancellations after the stated deadlines will be billed accordingly.
- A UST "On-the-Go” menu (available here) has been developed for use by student organizations. This budget-conscious menu is for pick-up only. A chart of "On-the-Go" deadlines for weekdays and weekends can be viewed here.
- St. Paul orders placed after 4 p.m. and same-day orders may be accommodated by calling The Grill, (651) 962-6077, or Scooter’s, (651) 962-6080.
- Some grocery purchases can be accommodated through Dining Services and in the C-Store. Inventory will be expanded over the next two semesters as the needs of the campus community unfold.
- Call Dining Services, (651) 962-6068 or (651) 962-6060, at least one week prior to your event for special requests, such as a quote for a special event, menu customization, something not listed on the catering menu, etc.
Faculty and staff
- The new internal catering menus will be posted on the Dining Services website Oct. 1. Look for tasty additions and lower prices on many items, as well as a budget-conscious menu with shorter deadlines. In an effort to reduce printing, the catering menu only will be available online.
- An external catering menu is in development. Due to tax liability, the university cannot allow external clients to use the internal system to avoid paying taxes.
- As always, standard catering orders must be placed at least 10 business days prior to your event in order to provide the best service and accommodate special requests. A final guaranteed count is required 72 business hours prior to the event.