2015 Julie Hays Teaching Award Call for Nominations
Award recognizes faculty committed to teaching and learning
Nominations for the sixth annual Julie Hays Teaching Award are now being accepted. Introduced in 2009, this annual award was created to recognize faculty members who exemplify an ongoing commitment to teaching and learning. The award honors Dr. Julie Hays, a member of the Operations and Supply Chain Management Department who died suddenly in 2007.
Faculty, students and alumni may nominate a faculty member in the Opus College of Business who they feel best meets the award criteria:
- Active engagement with students.
- Ability to stretch and challenge students.
- Concern for the student as a whole person.
- Creative approaches to teaching or the development of effective teaching materials.
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching.
Details are available on the Opus College of Business website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Julie Hays Award Committee at HaysAward@stthomas.edu
The deadline to nominate is March 3.