University of St. Thomas students and alumni are invited to attend the Government and Nonprofit Career Fair on Friday, Oct. 21, at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. The fair is designed to help candidates pursue professional opportunities and internships in all levels of government and nonprofit agencies.
A list of employers attending the fair and the jobs and internships they offer can be viewed here.
The fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Coffman Memorial Union at the University of Minnesota, 300 Washington Ave. S.E. Registration is free. To register visit the Career Development Center Seminars and Events website or TommieCareers.
Workshop presentations offered at the fair:
- 10 a.m. – “Find and Apply” workshop, Annenberg speaker
- 11:15 a.m. (also at 1:45 p.m.) – “Human Resource Professionals: Finding a Government Job – The Employer’s Perspective”
- 11:15 a.m. – “NP 101: Intro to Careers in Nonprofits”
- 12:30 p.m. – “Professionals in Government: City, County, State and Federal Jobs”
- 12:30 p.m. – Panel: “Year of Service Programs in the United States and Abroad"
- 1:45 p.m. – “Internships in Government: Current Student Perspectives”
Students and alumni attending the fair should have a résumé prepared. View the Seminars and Events website to see seminars on “Resume Writing” and “Preparing for the Government and Nonprofit Career Fair.”
For more information contact the Career Development Center, (651) 962-6761.