Great American Smokeout at UST starts tomorrow
The Wellness Center will participate in this year's Great American Smokeout. The theme for this year's campaign is "Become an Ex (smoker, that is)."
The center's staff will host a table from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, in the upper entrance to Koch Commons to raise awareness on how to quit smoking and to provide students, faculty and staff with Quit Kits to help them stop smoking.
Stop by the table to: pick up a Quit Kit, send a card to a friend you would like to encourage to stop smoking, take a quiz about smoking to be entered in a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to the UST Bookstore, and to get information on how to quit.
The Quit Kits include:
- Approximately one month's supply of nicotine gum
- Brochures and information on how and why to quit smoking
- List of activities at UST to help keep yourself busy
- Candy to keep your mouth busy
- Bookmark with information on places to go or who to call when you need help