Beginning Tuesday, July 15 approximately 1,700 students and 2,300 parents and guests are expected to attend a variety Orientation and Registration programs this summer. Incoming students have the chance to meet future classmates, explore the campus, develop a better understanding of the curriculum and learn the "ins and outs" of college life from current St. Thomas student leaders.
Orientation and registration dates for 2014 are:
- First Year Students O&R - View program schedule.
- July 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 28, 30 and August 1
- Transfer Student Orientation - View program schedule
- August 20 and 29
- International Student Orientation - View program schedules
- August 25-29
Prior to O&R, students complete placement exams, learn more about the core curriculum requirements by reading the O&R Guidebook and submit course preference information. Academic counselors use these preferences to register students for their fall course schedule. An adviser will meet with students individually at O&R to review their schedule.
O&R also offers a full day of sessions for parents and guests. Parents and guests will receive a Parent/Family Planner which has information about offices and resources around campus. In addition to being printed in English, these planners on the orientation website have been translated for families into Somali, Hmong and Spanish.
For more information:
- Orientation – Rachel Harris, interim associate dean of students, (651) 962-6043.
- Registration – Susan M. Anderson, director of academic counseling, (651) 962-6300.
- International Student Orientation - Lori Freidman, director of international student services, (651) 962-6650.