School of Law assistant dean named one of 2005 'Attorneys of the Year'
Lisa Montpetit Brabbit, assistant dean for external relations and programs at the University of St. Thomas School of Law, has been named one of 15 “Attorneys of the Year” for 2005 by Minnesota Lawyer magazine.
Criteria for selection included:
- Procuring a successful result in an important case or business transaction
- Exercising leadership in the profession
- Participating in newsworthy events in the legal community
- Performing significant service for the bar or general public, and/or
- Excellence in providing in-house legal services
Brabbit was recognized for “her tireless work on the school’s award-winning mentor program.”
The honorees will be profiled in a Feb. 27 special section of Minnesota Lawyer and recognized at a Feb. 22 awards dinner at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Minneapolis. Keynote speaker at the event will be retiring Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Kathleen Blatz, who is a member of the St. Thomas board of trustees.
See the Minnesota Lawyer story here.