Speaker series, ‘Living the Mission,’ to feature Judge Gerald Alfveby on Wednesday
The University of St. Thomas School of Law and the Alumni Association welcome Judge Gerald Alfveby, who will speak from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 244, School of Law building, Minneapolis campus.
Judge Gerald Alfveby
Alfveby will discuss how he integrated faith, reason and service in his personal and professional life.
Here is a brief outline of Alfveby’s experience:
- College of St. Thomas 1956, B.A. in political science
- William Mitchell College of Law 1958, B.S.L.; 1960, J.D.
- Northwestern Law School 1962, course for prosecutors
- National Judicial College 1977, family law; 1980 evidence
Employment (since graduation from St. Thomas )
- Travelers Insurance Co. – claims adjuster (during law school)
- Practiced law
- Assistant city attorney and chief prosecuting attorney, city of St. Paul
- Ramsey County District Court – family court for 30 years and 65,000 cases
This speaker series is sponsored by: University of St. Thomas Alumni Association and the Events and Programs Committee of the Board of Directors, University of St. Thomas School of Law Worship Committee and the University of St. Thomas School of Law Public Service Board.