STAR lists this week's events
St. Thomas Amazing Race
Sign up for the St. Thomas Amazing Race sponsored by STAR. Teams of three to five people will scavenge around the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses for clues. Prizes of $300 for first place, $200 for second, and $100 for third will be awarded. Sign-ups begin today in the Box Office and Expeditions, but hurry in – you can sign up only through the end of this week. The race will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 26.
Foreign film, "Kite Runner," and Afghani food night
Looking for a night of good food and entertainment? STAR presents a foreign film and food night at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 17, in Room 126, John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts. The night will feature the movie "Kite Runner" as well as authentic Afghani food. "Kite Runner" is about a man named Amir, who after spending years in California, returns to his homeland in Afghanistan to help his old friend, Hassan, whose son is in trouble. This tale of friendship and betrayal covers from the final days of Afghanistan's monarchy to the atrocities of the Taliban reign.
Upcoming STAR events
- Movie, "Juno," and laps at 7 p.m. Friday, April 18, at the O'Shaughnessy Hall pool.
- Shuttle bus to the Mall of America from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, April 20, leaves on the hour from and returns on the half hour to the arches.
- Buy tickets for the Spring Dance Monday, April 21, to Friday, April 25, at the Box Office. Cost is $5 for students and $10 for guests.
- Semiformal Spring Dance is from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday, April 26, in Schoenecker Arena.
- Scootstock "battle of the bands" begins at 7 p.m. in Scooter's.
- Take a bus to the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome on Friday, May 2, to watch the Minnesota Twins take on the Detroit Tigers. The bus will leave the arches at 6:15 p.m. and return immediately after the game. Tickets can be purchased for $5 with UST ID beginning at 8 a.m. Monday, April 28, in the Box Office. Sorry, no guests.