Student Health Services reminds you to check your smoke detectors
From the Wellness Center and Student Health Services
Make sure that your carbon monoxide detectors are working and check the batteries on your smoke detectors.
(Note: The smoke detectors in St. Thomas residence halls are wired and do not use batteries. Please do not tamper with those smoke detectors.)
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless and insidious gas that takes hundreds of lives each year. The signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
- Confusion or memory loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abnormal reflexes
- Difficulty in coordination
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Cerebral Edema
- Convulsions or seizures
Please be safe and healthy this winter. Contact Student Health Services if you have questions or concerns.