Kate Renner took this photograph of "Tokyo's Spring Blossoms"during her Semester at Sea, spring 2006.
Study abroad news: Deadlines announced for for January Term and spring 2008 programs and more
January Term 2008 programs still are available. Check the Study Abroad Web site for more detailed information, including cost, itinerary, course descriptions and application materials. Also, see the list of J-Term courses with spots still available (first-year students: Spots are available for Theater in London).
The final J-Term application deadline is Friday, Oct. 5.
Spring 2008 final application deadline
The spring 2008 final study abroad application deadline is Monday, Oct. 15. If you are interested in studying abroad this spring, schedule an appointment today.
Photo contest deadline is Oct. 1
Did you study abroad in fall, J-Term, spring, summer or for the entire 2006-2007 school year? Do you have a photo that represents your experience? If so, enter the International Education Center's 2007 Photo Contest. Cash prizes will be awarded. The submission deadline is Monday, Oct. 1.
Your photos may be entered in one of the following two categories:
- An International Experience – This category is about people, the meeting and mixing of cultures.
- A Sense of Place – This category is about place and scenery, capturing the unique atmosphere.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Photographer must be a St. Thomas student.
- Entries may originate from any country but must be in conjunction with a UST study, work or volunteer program from the 2006-2007 academic year.
How to submit photos
- Each photo is a single entry and must be accompanied by the photo contest entry form, available online.
- Photos or slides may be in color or black and white.
- Prints of digital photos must be at least 300 dpi.
- Limit of three submissions for each category.
- Your name must be on the back of each photo written on tape or a Post-It note so that you do not damage the photo.
Drop off or mail your entry
- Drop off unmounted entries in a flat package at the International Education Center, 44 N. Cleveland Ave., St. Paul, or
- Mail your entry to: Photo Contest, Mail #44C, University of St. Thomas, 2115 Summit Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105.
Be sure to read the "fine print" below
Winners will be notified in October and will be asked to submit their negatives of the winning photo(s); negatives will be returned after copies have been made. Each entry becomes UST property; thus, photos will not be returned. Submission of an entry acknowledges the right of UST to use it for exhibition and publication.
Need a passport? Apply for one Sept. 27 on campus
Apply for a passport from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, in campus square next to Scooter's, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. For specific information on the necessary documents and fees to bring, see the Study Abroad Web site, or call (651) 962-6450.