St. Thomas will play host to the eight-team NCAA regional volleyball playoffs this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 12-14, at the Anderson Athletic and Recreational Complex.
It's the third time in four years that UST will serve as host institution for the regional event. Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for students and $3 for children ages 3-12, all per day.
MIAC co-champions St. Olaf and St. Thomas are ranked No. 11 and No. 12 nationally. They will be joined by:
- No. 18-rated Concordia-Moorhead
- Upper Midwest Conference champion Northwestern
- Puget Sound (Washington)
- Whitworth (Washington)
- No. 19-ranked Nebraska Wesleyan
- No. 17-ranked UW-Eau Claire.
The Tommies are 6-2 this season competing against teams in the regional, with two losses to St. Olaf, two wins against both Concordia and UW-Eau Claire, and victories over Northwestern and Nebraska Wesleyan.
Tommie senior All-American setter Emily Foster has 5,366 career assists and needs only 16 to move past St. Thomas record holder Jane Gibbs into second place on the all-time conference list.
See Tommiesports.com for the tournament website with team photos and notes. This week's schedule:
Friday, Nov. 12/Quarterfinals
- Match 1, 12:30 p.m. – Concordia-Moorhead (24-6) vs. Whitworth (17-6)
- Match 2, 3 p.m. – St. Olaf (29-4) vs. Northwestern (Minn.) (26-13)
- Match 3, 5:30 p.m. – UW-Eau Claire (24-9) vs. Nebraska Wesleyan (23-5)
- Match 4, 8 p.m. – St. Thomas (28-6) vs. Puget Sound (18-6)
Saturday, Nov. 13/Semifinals
- Match 5, 3:30 p.m. – Match 1-2 winners
- Match 6, 6 p.m. – Match 3-4 winners
Sunday, Nov. 14 /Championship
- Match 7, 4 p.m. – Match 5-6 winners
The complete national tournament brackets are available at ncaa.com.