UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Metro briefs,” Star Tribune, Oct. 5, 2005. The UST School of Law’s ranking in the Princeton Review’s new book, The Best 159 Law Schools, earns note. https://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5651889.html
- “Target exec exits; some thought he would be next CEO,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 5, 2005. “Dave Brennan, a University of St. Thomas marketing professor, was surprised by Storch's sudden departure, speculating it may have indicated he was ‘pushed out’ by the company. Another possibility is that Storch decided to leave if he knew the company didn't intend to pick him as its next CEO, Brennan asserted.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/12818295.htm
- “Classical review: Skrowaczewski conducts Bruckner,” Star Tribune, Oct. 6, 2005. “Musicologist Benjamin Korstvedt, who teaches at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, describes the currently dominant school of Bruckner interpretation as marked by monumental sonorities and steady, generally slow tempos, emphasizing ‘architectural severity rather than dynamic sweep.’ To this, Korstvedt contrasts an earlier performing style, more attentive to the music's ‘mercurial drama.’” https://www.startribune.com/stories/121/5656006.html
- “Favorite experiences come with winning programs,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 6, 2005. “Cretin- Derham does not have its own field, yet more than twice as many voters picked O'Shaughnessy Stadium on the University of St. Thomas campus, where CDH plays its home games, than the second-place field in the St. Paul area, Central's James Griffin Stadium.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/12837875.htm
- See also: Local high-school sports “bests” column, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 6, 2005. “Best field: It's a tie between Central and Cretin- Derham Hall. Both have the fake turf that players like so well, now that CDH plays its home games at the University of St. Thomas.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/12837870.htm
- Neighborhood events calendar, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 6, 2005. “Talk on wildlife: Wildlife expert Jeff Corwin will speak at 7:30 p.m. today at the O'Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium at the University of St. Thomas. A reception follows the free lecture. The university is at 2115 Summit Ave. For more information, call Jennifer Perusek at 651-962-6136.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/12837899.htm
- “Ideally, it works both ways: St. Thomas engineering students hold a third reverse job fair,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 8, 2005. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/12848488.htm
- “Family gives gift amid grief,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 9, 2005. “Briana Klindworth had given consent on her driver's license. And two weeks before her accident, while watching news coverage of an athletic competition for transplant recipients, she reminded her mom of this fact. Lawrence said it was typical of her daughter – the 2002 Miss Red Wing Princess in Red Wing, Minn. – who was a junior at the University of St. Thomas. She was always smiling, always giving.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/health/12849008.htm
- “Megamall aims to regain youthful vigor,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 9, 2005. “Camp Snoopy, the mall's indoor amusement park with some 20 rides, remains a strong draw for families, ‘but for young adults, there is a hole there,'’ said Dave Brennan, a University of St. Thomas marketing professor.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/12847252.htm
- “Business people,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 9, 2005. “The University of St. Thomas' College of Business added to its faculty Regina Anctil, assistant professor in the accounting department; Michael Garrison, a professor in the legal studies in business department; Mary Maloney, an instructor in the management department; and James Heyman, Avinash Malshe and John Sailors, assistant professors in the marketing department.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/12847262.htm
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, Oct. 10, 2005. Here’s the weekly business question column, with answers provided by UST College of Business faculty. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5657490.html
- “Katherine Kersten: Heroes, warriors are welcome at this seminary,” Star Tribune, Oct. 10, 2005. Columnist Katherine Kersten writes about life at St. John Vianney Seminary, the undergraduate seminary at St. Thomas. https://www.startribune.com/stories/191/5660018.html
- Local news briefs column, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 11, 2005. “The University of St. Thomas School of Law has been ranked the No. 1 law school in the country for ‘Best Quality of Life’ among students, according to the Princeton Review's newly published book, The Best 159 Law Schools. The ranking is based on students' assessment of the sense of school community, the school's aesthetics, its location, social life, classroom facilities and library staff. Princeton Review also ranked William Mitchell College of Law No. 1 nationally on the ‘Most Welcoming of Older Students&rsqu
o; list.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/12868716.htm