UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Student's project turned into a million-dollar baby,” Star Tribune, March 8, 2006. Here’s an update on Joe Keeley ’03, UST entrepreneurship alum who’s growing the business he started in college, College Nannies and Tutors Inc. https://www.startribune.com/539/story/291896.html
- See also: “College Nannies and Tutors Inc.,” Star Tribune, March 8, 2006. https://www.startribune.com/535/story/291826.html
- “'Charlie Brown,' friends coming to stage,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, March 8, 2006. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/14042526.htm
- “Education briefs,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, March 8, 2006. “High school students interested in journalism can apply for the Urban Journalism Workshop, a free summer training program at the University of St. Thomas. The two-week residential program runs June 18-30. Those chosen to participate receive a stipend and free room and board at the university. Application deadline is April 7. For more information, contact executive director Lynda McDonnell at 651-962-5282 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available online at www.stthomas.edu/jour/ujw.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/education/14034175.htm
- “Good Question: Why Do We Feel Connected To Kirby?” WCCO-TV, March 8, 2006. Dr. John Tauer, Psychology Department, weighs in. https://wcco.com/sports/local_story_067103749.html
- “Hate graffiti rocks University of St. Thomas,” KSTP-TV, March 9, 2006. https://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S14749.html?cat=1
- “Dustup over unmarried couple spurs protests at St. Thomas,” Star Tribune, March 10, 2006. https://www.startribune.com/1592/story/297207.html
- “St. Thomas struggles with ethics debate: Should Catholic values extend into employees' lives?” St. Paul Pioneer Press, March 10, 2006. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14061842.htm
- “Wal-Mart plan denied: But retailing giant says it is not ready to give up on making store a supercenter,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, March 10, 2006. “Wal-Mart has been pushing to best Target at the superstore game in the Twin Cities, and the fact that its rival had a store across the street was probably a motivating factor in the Vadnais Heights expansion, said David Brennan, vice dean for business graduate programs at the University of St. Thomas.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/north_metro/14062123.htm\
- “Good question: Why is swearing so common?” WCCO-TV, March 9, 2006. Dr. Carol Bruess of UST’s Communication Studies Department explains. https://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_069142354.html
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, March 12, 2006. Answers to business questions in this column are provided by the John M. Morrison Center for Entrepreneurship at St. Thomas. https://www.startribune.com/535/story/294484.html
- “Lou Gelfand: For some executives, a lie is just another step on career path,” Star Tribune, March 12, 2006. “I asked two academic ethicists to comment. Kenneth Goodpaster, Koch professor of ethics at the University of St. Thomas, agreed that credibility is the bedrock of any relationship.” https://www.startribune.com/113/story/294577.html
- “Nobel laureate: Start small to make a change,” Star Tribune, March 13, 2006. Wangari Maathai, the first woman from Africa to win the Nobel Peace Prize, spoke at St. Thomas last Sunday. https://www.startribune.com/722/story/302837.html
- “Parent-free abortion?” LegalAffairs, the Magazine at the Intersection of Law and Life, March 13, 2006. Teresa Collett, UST School of Law, and Kimberly Mutcherson of Rutgers School of Law, debate the question, “Should parents have the right to prevent their daughters from having abortions?” https://legalaffairs.org/webexclusive/debateclub_parental-notification0306.msp