UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charley Walters' column, St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 22, 2007. Sports columnist Walters writes: "Look for former Macalester College football coach Dennis Czech to join Don Roney's University of St. Thomas staff for the coming season." https://www.twincities.com/ci_6434130
- "Two teenagers fall in love - and stay there," St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 22, 2007. Many in the St. Thomas community remember the late Don Leyden, vice president for administration at St. Thomas before his death in 1984, and Don's wife, Arlene, who retired in 2000 after 16 years as St. Thomas' special events director. This story is about Arlene's parents, the longest-married couple alive in the United States. https://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_6439689
- "Outside consultant," Star Tribune, July 23, 2007. Here's the weekly column featuring business advice from Opus College of Business faculty. https://www.startribune.com/535/story/1316873.html
- "The call is heard again," St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 25, 2007. "Vianney at the University of St. Thomas has doubled undergraduate enrollment since 2001. The St. Paul school hopes it's on the leading edge of a trend." This story also appeared on the Associated Press wire. https://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_6455576
- "Obituary: Rev. William O'Neill, St. Thomas professor," Star Tribune, July 26, 2007. https://www.startribune.com/466/story/1324983.html