UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- " St. Paul Scholar Loses Senate Bid to Saturday Night Live Veteran," Chronicle of Higher Education, June 9, 2008. https://chronicle.com/blogs/election/2181/st-paul-scholar-loses-senate-bid-to-saturday-night-live-veteran
- "Ex-law school dean to be ordained priest Saturday," Chicago Tribune, June 6, 2008. David Link, founding dean of the UST School of Law, has a new vocation. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-rel-deansnewcall,0,2065147.story
- "71-year-old lawyer to be ordained priest, become prison chaplain," Munster, Ind., Times, June 6, 2008. https://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/06/06/news/top_news/doca9aefef925406e6086257460000c4356.txt
- See also: "Rite of ordination," Munster, Ind., Times, June 8, 2008. https://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/06/08/news/lake_county/doc9fdb34d25ea94ab7862574620004a9ea.txt
- See also: "Former ND dean to be ordained as priest," South Bend ( Ind.) Tribune, June 6, 2008. https://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080606/News01/806060336/1036/News
- "Math teacher awarded license by acclaim," Star Tribune, June 10, 2008. "[Henryk] Gurman spent a long career as an accountant and studied at Century College and St. Thomas and Hamline universities." https://www.startribune.com/local/east/19695674.html
- " Minnesota teen on tonight's debut of 'So You Think You Can Dance,'" Star Tribune, June 11, 2008. "[Kourtni] Lind graduated high school from St. Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists when she was 16, and she took a year's worth of college classes at the University of St. Thomas during her junior and senior years." https://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/19760094.html
- "Daily dose," St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 12, 2008. Sports columnist Charley Walters writes, " B.J. Coleman, son of former Gophers and Maryland star Ben Coleman of Minneapolis, has committed to the University of St. Thomas for basketball next season. At the International School of Minnesota in Eden Prairie, the 6-7, 200-pound B.J. last season averaged 28 points, 17 rebounds and seven blocked shots." https://www.twincities.com/dailydose/ci_9557365
- "Winning Web site: TC Daily Planet," June 12, 2008. The Daily Planet won a Page One award for Best Web Site (Independent) from the Minnesota Society of Professional Journalists. The St. Thomas Magazine picked up honors for a story, too. https://www.tcdailyplanet.net/article/2008/06/12/winning-web-site-tc-daily-planet.html#