UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to "archive" status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you'll need to register on the publication's Web site in order to access full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Wadena tornado hits hearts of Twin Cities family members," The Catholic Spirit, June 29, 2010. "The families of Paul Martodam, Catholic Charities CEO for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and University of St. Thomas sophomore Justin Tucker can use some prayers."
- "'That they may know Thee,'" The Boston Pilot, July 2, 2010. Here's a transcript of remarks by Boston's new Bishop-elect Arthur Kennedy, a former St. Thomas faculty member.
- See also: "Pope names Arthur Leo Kennedy Auxiliary Bishop of Boston," The Boston Pilot, July 2, 2010.
- "Are we really worth what we're being paid?" Star Tribune, July 4, 2010. Here's a Business Forum column by Dr. Fred Zimmerman, professor emeritus of engineering and management at St. Thomas.
- "Byrne Residence notes 30 years as oasis in the city for retired priests," The Catholic Spirit, July 6, 2010.
- "From the Bronx to Berkeley, 23 Irish Fulbright Awardees off to the US," Ireland Department of Foreign Affairs, June 23, 2010. "Seán Ó Curraighín has recently completed his BA in Irish and Journalism from Dublin City University. Seán will be a Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota."
- "Ask the expert: How to hire for growth," Star Tribune, July 11, 2010. Here’s the weekly business-advice column featuring answers by faculty experts from UST’s Opus College of Business. Dr. Jack Militello of the Management Department is this week’s expert.
- "St. Thomas pieces together a Frank Gehry masterpiece," Minnesota Public Radio, July 12, 2010.
- Charley Walters' column, St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 12, 2010. "University of St. Thomas assistant men's basketball coach John Tauer, who has a doctorate in social psychology from Wisconsin, wrote on his Psychology Today blog about LeBron James' controversial decision to leave his home-state Cleveland Cavs for the Miami Heat: 'We place athletes on such a pedestal that it is inevitable they will be knocked back down. It's time we stop putting them on the pedestal, and time that we start to recognize pro athletes make career decisions using many of the same decision criteria as the rest of us, no better and no worse, just at a slightly higher stakes and more visible table!'"