UST in the news
Heres a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to archive status, so be sure to read stories soon if youre interested. In some cases, youll need to register on the publications Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Remembering Bob Hope – ‘Son of Paleface,’” Picturing Justice: The Online Journal of Law and Popular Culture, July 28, 2003. Dr. John Wendt of UST’s College of Business contributed this article.
- “Money manager sues rival,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 2, 2003. Dr. Mary Daugherty of the College of Business is quoted.
- “Activities in religion,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 2, 2003. The calendar includes at item about the Courage organization’s conference at St. Thomas.
- “St. Paul meetings address gay Catholics,” Star Tribune, Aug. 3, 2003.
- “Faith & Values calendar,” Star Tribune, Aug. 2, 2003.
- “Shooter: Pierzynski’s advice to Twins: Relax,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 3, 2003. Charley Walters’ column also recalls a story by a St. Thomas alum who met Bob Hope on a local golf course in 1988.
- “Great Get-Together: A la ‘Tony n’ Tina,’ couple put on quite a show,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 3, 2003. The couple, whose wedding reception was at St. Thomas, had some fun with their guests.
- “Networking groups help entrepreneurs forge business links,” Star Tribune, Aug. 5, 2003. “Mike Ryan, director of the Small Business Development Center at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis, said he’s not surprised there’s a boom in networking groups during tough economic times.”
- Lombardi’s son carries on legacy,” Star Tribune, Aug. 7, 2003. Vince Lombardi Jr., son of the late great football coach, is a 1964 St. Thomas alumnus. The junior Lombardi majored in history and played football too.
- “Message to teens: Do God’s will,” The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 7, 2003. Franciscan University of Steubenville hosted a youth conference at St. Thomas Aug. 2-3.
- “Budget cuts aren’t bad to fiscal conservatives,” The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 7, 2003. This is the second in a two-part series by Dr. Stephen Heaney of the St. Thomas Philosophy Department.
- “Arms Around Africa,” The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 7, 2003. Father John Opuku-Agyemang, a former student at the University of St. Thomas, ministers to a parish in Ghana.
- “For gay Catholics, diverging paths,” Star Tribune, Aug. 8, 2003.