UST Music Department presents free concerts, recitals
The University of St. Thomas Music Department welcomes the public to the free music performances listed below. All will be held on the university’s St. Paul campus unless listed otherwise. For additional information, call (651) 962-5850.
- 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, in the O’Shaughnessy Room of O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center: “Guitar in the Library” concert.
- 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: St. Thomas’ Jazz Combo and Jazz Singers give a concert.
- 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: St. Thomas’ Instrumental Jazz Ensemble performs.
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: St. Thomas’ Guitar Ensemble gives a concert.
- Noon Thursday, Dec. 8, in O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center: St. Thomas’ Women’s Chorus sings Christmas carols.
- 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, at The O’Shaughnessy, College of St. Catherine, 2004 Randolph Ave., St. Paul: The UST Bands give a concert. Dr. Douglas Orzolek conducts the Symphonic Band, and Dr. Matthew George conducts the Symphonic Wind Ensemble. The concert features two world premieres: “Brasilerismos No. 1” by Brazilian composer Hudson Nogueira, and “December Dance” by American composer Andrew Boysen Jr. The concert also will be the American premiere of “My Sister’s Tears” by Australian composer Ralph Hultgren.
- 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: Voice student Diane May gives a recital.
- 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: Student bassist Joshua Schwalbach gives a recital.