Wellness Center and STAR announce spring 2006 yoga classes
Three 12-week yoga sessions will be held throughout spring semester. All classes will begin the week of Feb. 6.
Here is the schedule:
- Noon-1 p.m. Mondays in Room 357, Terrence Murphy Hall, Minneapolis campus
- Noon-1 p.m. Tuesdays at various St. Paul campus locations (first Tuesday class to be held in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center)
- 5-6 p.m. Thursdays at various St. Paul locations (first Thursday class to be held in the Fireside Room, Room 113, Koch Commons)
Full schedules for Tuesday and Thursday sessions will be handed out in class and will be posted on the Wellness Center Web site.
No experience is necessary. Come and learn to relax your body and mind with gentle breathing and stretching exercises. Some benefits include increased energy, improved flexibility, reduced stress and better sleep. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring a mat or towel to class.
Cost is based on one 12-week session (either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday). New this semester: Students, faculty and staff should register through the Box Office, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center, (651) 962-6137, or the Life-Work Center, Minneapolis campus, (651) 962-4763.
Here is the fee schedule:
- Faculty and staff – $70 payable at the Box Office (St. Paul) or Life-Work Center (Minneapolis).
- Students – $40 payable at the Box Office (St. Paul) or Life-Work Center (Minneapolis). The Box Office accepts UST express cards.
- Drop-in – If space allows and you prefer to occasionally drop in for a class, the cost is $9 per session payable at the Box Office (St. Paul) or Life-Work Center (Minneapolis).
- First class price – If you are unsure if this yoga class is right for you, the Wellness Center will offer a one-time fee of $5 for the first Monday, Tuesday and Thursday class.
The Wellness Center is dedicated to assisting students, staff and faculty in developing healthy life styles. As part of its overall programming, the center provides the UST community with fitness classes. These fitness classes provide the opportunity to work out, stretch and meditate. The Wellness Center is proud once again this year to be partnering with STAR (St. Thomas Activities and Recreation). Through this partnership, it can offer reduced rates for students.
If you have any questions regarding classes, please contact the Wellness Center, (651) 962-6128. The Wellness Center Web site also will be updated to reflect the spring schedule.