Apply for service-learning awards
The Office of Service-Learning will once again present two cash awards to recognize outstanding efforts in service-learning. These awards are given annually, one to a faculty member and one to a student.
The faculty award of $1,000 is based on the following:
Eligibility – This award is open to all full- and part-time undergraduate faculty at the University of St. Thomas.
Criteria – Achievement in any or all of the following major areas should be demonstrated:
- Teaching – Outstanding achievement using service-learning in a course or courses, demonstrating strong integration of the service-learning efforts into the particular academic discipline and the specific course.
- Engaging the profession – Presentations and papers about service-learning, particularly within the particular academic discipline.
- Service – Promoting service-learning at the University of St. Thomas and creating and participating in meaningful social change in the broader community.
The student award of $250 is based on the following:
Eligibility – This award is open to all full- and part-time undergraduate students at the University of St. Thomas.
- The service must have been performed as part of a class during the current academic year.
- The service must have made a significant impact on the student.
- The service must have provided significant benefits to those served.
To be considered for either of these awards, submit a letter of application addressing the criteria mentioned above. Self-nominations as well as nominations of others are welcome.
E-mail application letter to Dr. Amy Muse, faculty director of service-learning, or send it to the campus Post Office at Mail #JRC 333 no later than Friday, April 18.
Questions? Call Muse, (651) 962-5643.