Beverage Committee announces proposals to be funded
The Beverage Committee met last week to award funding to several proposals submitted by student organizations and departments.
The items approved for full or partial funding include:
- Fans for the Koch Commons Fitness Center
- Exercise equipment for Health and Human Performance
- Photo and video light kit for Communication Studies
- Karaoke machine to be used by Cretin and Grace halls
- Printer for the Rome campus
- Park benches for the Minneapolis campus
- Two pool tables for Scooter’s
- Television set for Morrison Hall
Funding must be for durable goods that will last longer than three years and will enhance the student experience. Any recognized student organization or department may request funding from the Beverage Committee. If the request is only partially funded, the balance of the funds must be obtained from another source or the funding will revert back to the Beverage Committee. All awards must be spent within a specified period of time (typically one month) or the funding will revert back to the committee.
You can access a Beverage Committee proposal form through the Campus Life Web site.
The committee meets periodically throughout the academic year and accepts proposals on an ongoing basis. Committee membership includes representation from faculty, staff and students.
If you have questions about the committee, contact Mary Ann Ryan, executive director for campus and residence life, (651) 962-6133, or Dan Anderson, president, All College Council.