Business Office announces e-billing, e-payment
From the Business Office
Electronic statement billing (e-billing) and electronic payment (e-payment) are coming to the University of St. Thomas this fall. All charges to student accounts, including tuition, fees, housing, meal plans and miscellaneous charges, will be available via Murphy online by entering a UST ID and PIN.
All students are automatically registered to receive an e-bill. Effective August 2009, billing statements will be produced in electronic format only.
Benefits and advantages of e-billing and e-payment include:
- Saves the university money and helps keep tuition increases lower
- Saves time for students and parents and provides more account information
- Easy and convenient
- Private and secure
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Available worldwide via the Internet
- Unique login allows parents or other authorized payers to pay student-account statements
- See account activity since the last statement
- Quick access to view and print most recent statements and billing history
- Make payments online using credit cards: MasterCard, Discover and American Express with a nonrefundable convenience fee of 2.75 percent. VISA is not accepted.
The vast majority of students are familiar and comfortable with the Web culture. It has become commonplace to perform many daily transactions and communications via e-mail and the Internet. Electronic statement billing brings time and monetary savings to students, their families and the university.
Stay tuned for further announcements and more details from the Business Office as they become available.