The Office of International Student Services invites members of the St. Thomas community to join the Friendship Family Program.
This program connects new international students with American families. The goal of this program is to promote cultural exchange within the St. Thomas community and help international students adjust to life in the United States.
Friendship families will have a unique opportunity to learn about various countries, world cultures and traditions. What does being a friendship family entail?
As a friendship family you will:
- Host an international student for a few days upon his or her arrival.
- Keep in contact with your student during the year.
- Introduce your student to American culture by inviting him or her to occasional family dinners and other events.
- Enjoy cultural exchange with your student.
With minimum time commitment, you will help international students learn about the American culture and create great memories.
If you are interested in the program and would like more information, attend a Friendship Family information session:
- 5-6 p.m. Monday, April 4, in Room 152, Murray-Herrick Campus Center, or
- 5-6 p.m. Thursday, April 28, in Room 152, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
To apply directly contact OISS, (651) 962-6650. Apply online at www.stthomas.edu/oiss. Application deadline for fall 2011 is Monday, May 16.