Events planned especially for commuter students
The University of St. Thomas Commuter Center sends a warm welcome to all new and returning UST commuter students.
Because it can be challenging to get plugged into campus as a commuter, the center’s staff members have planned some events specifically for you.
Here is the schedule:
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- Ice cream social for new and returning commuter and transfer students from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Commuter Center, Room 17, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
Thursday, Sept. 8
- Free root beer floats and a rock-climbing wall sponsored by STAR (St. Thomas Activities and Recreation), starting at 11 a.m. on Foley Plaza, lower quad
- Student Musician Series, also sponsored by STAR, begins at 11:30 a.m. on Foley Plaza
- Transfer student social, sponsored by the Commuter Center, begins at noon in Scooter’s, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
Monday, Sept. 12
- From noon to 2 p.m., learn about the many cultures at UST on "Multicultural Monday" in the Commuter Center. Enjoy a visit with Multicultural Student Services staff (and some free candy, too).
- From 5 to 7 p.m. there's another transfer student social. Meet in Scooter's, then head to the south campus for a game of kickball!