Fall Leadership Institute Committee previews 'I am … Leadership' for faculty, staff
The Fall Leadership Institute, a three-day leadership training program for or students, is previewed for faculty and staff with the schedule below. In previewing the Aug. 28-30 event, the institute's committee is asking faculty and staff to participate as well.
Sponsored by the Department of Campus and Residence Life, this year’s Leadership Institute asks not only students but also faculty and staff to focus on their individual backgrounds and experiences and the impact it has on leadership. The committee hopes students discover their own unique leadership styles in and outside of the St. Thomas community.
The theme of this year's institute is "I am ... Leadership."
Fall Leadership Institute tentative schedule
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- 8:30 a.m.– Check-in and breakfast, OEC auditorium
- 9:30 a.m. – Opening speaker, Sister Amata Miller, Catholic Social Teaching, OEC auditorium
- 11:30 a.m. – Reflection service, lower quad
- Noon – Picnic, Foley Plaza
- 1-3:30 p.m. – Making the Most of Leadership I, MHC 304
- 5:45 p.m. – Pizza, library steps (OEC foyer for rain site)
- 6:30 p.m. – Campus and Residence Life musical, OEC auditorium
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- 8:30 a.m.– Camp Ihduhapi
- 7 p.m.– Wednesday Night Live, Scooter's
Thursday, Aug. 30
- 8:30 a.m. – Etiquette breakfast, MHC 304
- 10 a.m.– Leadership and Community, MHC 304
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch with St. Paul Chief of Police John Harrington, MHC 304
- 1-3:15 p.m. – Making the Most of Leadership II, OEC auditorium
- 5 p.m. – Closing banquet, Dr. Steve Laumakis, Ethical Leadership, MHC 304
The committee asks faculty and staff to encourage all students who may be interested in the institute to register by e-mailing email@example.com. Students who register before July 23 will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift certificate to the Bookstore.
For more information contact Tasia Tigue in Campus Life, (651) 962-6195.