Are you ready to challenge the Auggies again in the fourth annual faculty and staff Fitness Challenge? The challenge is an-eight week competition between Augsburg and St. Thomas. (The challenge sponsored last year from the Alliance for a Healthier Minnesota no longer exists.)
This year's challenge will feature individual competition, rather than team competition, for all faculty and staff. The competition starts Wednesday, March 6, and ends Tuesday, April 30.
How does it work?
- Sign up by emailing email@example.com that you are interested in participating.
- A week starts on a Wednesday and ends the following Tuesday at midnight.
- Keep track of the number of points earned each week.
- You will receive an email link to enter your points every Tuesday. Individuals need to enter their own points using their usernames and number of points. It is quick and easy.
- You must submit the total number of points you earned each week no later than 2 p.m. Wednesdays. No entries will be allowed after that time. Submit weekly – see schedule below.
- Scores cannot be averaged.
- If you miss reporting your total by 2 p.m. Wednesdays, your points will not count for that week. You can participate the following week but you will not be allowed to use any points from the previous week.
- You can join at any time in the program; your points start when you join.
- Each week, the winning school will be announced as well as the person from St. Thomas who has earned the most points.
- 1 point = minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity
- 2 points = 60 minutes of physical activity
- 3 points = 90 minutes of physical activity
A total of 21 points is the maximum you can report for one week.
- Cross country skiing
- Gardening running
- Walking your dog
- Weight training
(Note: Activities are not limited to the above list.)
- Week 1: Wednesday, March 6 – Tuesday, March 12
- Week 2: Wednesday, March 13 – Tuesday, March 19
- Week 3: Wednesday, March 20 – Tuesday, March 26
- Week 4: Wednesday, March 27 – Tuesday, April 2
- Week 5: Wednesday, April 3 – Tuesday, April 9
- Week 6: Wednesday, April 10 – Tuesday, April 16
- Week 7: Wednesday, April 17 – Tuesday, April 23
- Week 8: Wednesday, April 24 – Tuesday, April 30
This competition is sponsored by the St. Thomas Health and Human Performance Department and the Augsburg College Faculty and Staff Wellness Program.