SunGard Higher Education has released upgrades for Banner and ODS. These system upgrades will help ensure continued system stability, bringing with it improved and extended functionality. Planned implementation is set for December 2010.
The Banner Steering Committee has chosen the week of Dec. 4-10 to upgrade Banner to 8.3/8.3.1 and ODS to 8.2/8.2.1, which will result in a required Saturday through Monday Banner system outage and a Saturday through Friday ODSP system outage. IRT staff hope that this scheduled outage will result in minimal inconvenience.
How will this impact you?
While the upgrade is being installed, the following systems will be affected:
- From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, to approximately 6 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 7, Banner Production and Murphy Online will be unavailable.
- During this Banner 8.3/8.3.1 upgrade, Application Manager (AppWorx) also will be unavailable. IRT will disable all scheduled jobs for Saturday, Dec. 4, through Monday, Dec. 6. Contact Wood Foster-Smith or May Ko Yang if you have questions regarding your Application Manager jobs.
- During this upgrade, Optix will be unavailable for updating but will be available in read-only mode.
- From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, to approximately 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, the production-reporting database ODSP and EDW will be unavailable to allow for the ODS upgrade and necessary reload after the Banner 8.3/8.3.1 system upgrade. Any reporting will come from ODST data, which will be current as of end of business Friday, Dec. 3.
- Any Application Manager jobs running against ODSP will need to be disabled until ODSP becomes available.
For the convenience of its users, IRT will copy Friday night’s backup of Banner Production to the PONE instance, and ODSP will be copied to ODST. Both will be available for view access while the upgrade is performed. These backups will reflect Banner Production as of the end of the day on Dec. 3.
To learn more about changes that come with this Banner 8.3/8.3.1 upgrade, visit the Enterprise website, where documentation regarding both the upgrade and testing can be found.
For more information about this upgrade, contact the Tech Desk, (651) 962-6230.