Nominations are being accepted for the first annual Julie Hays Teaching Award. The award, announced this week by the Opus College of Business, is named in honor of Dr. Julie Hays, a member of the Decision Sciences Department who died suddenly in 2007.
This annual award was created to recognize faculty members who exemplify Dr. Hays' commitment to teaching and learning.
“UST is a teaching university where faculty research is also valued. Julie Hays exemplified the values we share as scholar-teachers,” Dean Christopher Puto said. “This award is designed to recognize the high caliber of teaching embodied in our commitment to students.”
In nominating a faculty member in the Opus College of Business consider who best meets the award criteria:
- Active engagement with students.
- Ability to stretch and challenge students.
- Concern for the student as a whole person.
- Creative approaches to teaching or the development of effective teaching materials.
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching.
The nomination deadline is Monday, March 1. Details are available on the Julie Hays Teaching Award site.