Jerry Anderley, associate vice president of facilities, and Colin Brownlow, director of environmental health and safety, announce the formation of the Physical Plant Health and Safety Committee.
The committee has been formed to help provide a safe and healthful work environment for Physical Plant employees, by providing a mechanism to actively engage employees in health and safety activities.
The committee, which will meet monthly, will assist with health and safety inspections of plant operations, investigation and review of occupational injuries and near-miss incidents, and on- and off-the-job safety promotions. The committee also will serve as a forum to discuss and resolve health and safety concerns related to physical plant operations.
The members of the safety committee are:
- Jeff Akemann, Paint Shop
- Colin Brownlow, PHP Management/Environmental Health and Safety
- Laura Deuberry, PHP Management/Interior Design
- John Englund, building service worker
- Brenda Gruber, building service worker
- Paul Hietpas, Recycling and Central Receiving
- Jim Hoffman, PHP Management
- Tom Kelly, Electrical Shop
- John Larson, Mechanical Maintenance
- Bernie Lee, Carpentry Shop
- Paul Reed, Building Service Worker
- Steve Uhls, PHP Management/Building Services
- Roger Weinbrenner, Grounds
“We see the new health and safety committee as a great way to involve our employees in managing their health and safety, particularly as we begin providing services for the new Anderson Athletic and Recreation Complex and the Anderson Student Center," Anderley remarked.