Prices for most U.S. Postal Service mailing services will change on Sunday, Jan. 22. Mailing services includes first-class mail, standard mail, periodicals, package services and extra services. Prices for shipping services also will change on Jan. 22.
While actual percentage price increases for various products and services varies, the overall average price increase across all mailing services is capped by law at 2.1 percent, the rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index.
First class mail highlights
- Letters (1 ounce): 1-cent increase to 45 cents. This is the first increase in the price of a first-class mail stamp since May 2009.
- Single-piece letters additional ounce rate: unchanged at 20 cents.
- Postcards: 3-cent increase to 32 cents.
- Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 ounce): 5-cent increase to 85 cents
- Letters to other international destinations: 7-cent increase to $1.05.