(CANCELED) Power outage for Sunday, Oct. 30
(Editor's note, Oct. 18, 2005: The following article appeared in the Oct. 13 Bulletin Today but the power outage later was canceled.)
A planned power outage is scheduled from 8 a.m. to approximately 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, to facilitate the first step in the connection of the new high-voltage loop. This power outage will affect the entire main campus in St. Paul, except for Morrison and Selby residences.
All computers and electronic equipment should be turned off ("Shut Down") at the end of your last normal work day (before this power outage period). There will be a complete disruption of all computer and telephone service on both the north and south campuses and at the Minneapolis downtown campus.
Here is the planned schedule:
- 8 a.m. – complete power shutdown on main campus (except Morrison and Selby residences)
- Noon-12:30 p.m. – re-energize and power-up
– O’Shaughnessy Educational Center, Faculty Residence and O’Shaughnessy Educational Center
– Physical Plant and all north dorms
– Murray-Herrick Campus Center, Aquinas Hall, Physical Education Center and O’Shaughnessy Hall athletic building
- 1-2 p.m. – re-energize and power-up
– O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center and the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts
Providing everything goes as planned, full power will be restored by 2 p.m. and complete telephone and computer services will be available shortly thereafter.
If you have questions regarding computing or telecommunications, call Information Resources and Technologies, (651) 962-6230.
If you have questions regarding the power outage in general, call the Physical Plant electricians, (651) 962-6986, or Jerry Anderley, (651) 962-6530.
Your patience and cooperation during this time is appreciated.