Staff Council requests donations for holiday food-and-fund drive
Members of the Staff Council will sponsor a food-and-fund drive for Second Harvest Heartland during the week of Dec. 12.
Second Harvest Heartland is the region’s largest hunger relief organization. The organization operates a variety of programs designed to combat hunger through specific channels of distribution. Among the recipients of the products and the beneficiaries of the programs are children, the elderly, the working poor and thousands of additional disadvantaged members of the communities in our area.
Drop boxes will be available in the following locations:
St. Paul campus
- Psychology Department, Room LL56, John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts
- Modern and Classical Languages, Room 337, O’Shaughnessy Educational Center
- Development (2120 Summit Ave.)
- The Luann Dummer Center for Women, Room 103, O’Shaughnessy Educational Center
- Registrar’s Office, Room 106, Aquinas Hall
- Koch Commons information desk, first floor, Koch Commons
- Wellness Center, lower level, Koch Commons
- University Relations, Room 508, Loras Hall, south campus
- Terrence Murphy Hall, Room 201
- Law School, Room 450
- Schulze Hall, Room 435
Also, the Staff Council will sponsor a table from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, in the lower level of Murray-Herrick Campus Center. In addition to food items, council members will collect cash donations during this time. With every $1 donated, Second Harvest can purchase approximately $9 worth of food, since it has working relationships with many of the big food manufacturers and can buy in bulk.
Second Harvest will accept canned or boxed food items. (No glass containers, perishable items or home-canned foods can be accepted.)
Here is a list of the most-needed items:
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned ham, tuna and chicken
- Canned stew, chili and spaghetti
- Complete baking mixes (pancake, muffins, biscuits)
- Dried peas and beans
- Fruit preserves
- Hearty soups
- Instant potatoes
- Peanut butter
All food and cash donations will be delivered to Second Harvest on Friday, Dec. 16.