Student leadership selection process has begun
It's that time of year again: the student leadership selection process has begun.
Student leadership selection is a comprehensive process of identifying students to fill more than 120 leadership positions on campus. The Department of Campus and Residence Life, the Dean of Students office, the Office of International Student Services and the Office of Multicultural Student Services work together in the selection process.
With more than 120 positions available, there are many opportunities for students to get involved and gain leadership experience in the 2006-07 school year. Faculty and staff, your help is needed in identifying students who are or have the potential to be effective leaders on campus. Please approach these students and encourage them to apply. You also may send Campus Life an e-mail and it will contact that student for you.
Please visit the Campus Life Web site to learn more about the positions and how to apply. Feel free to visit the above offices as well and speak with a staff member about these opportunities. Following are the positions for summer and next academic year and contact information.
The application process closes Feb. 14 (Dec. 6 for students studying abroad in spring 2006).
- Conference staff member
- Summer Academy peer adviser
- Resident adviser
- Orientation leader
- Transfer student orientation leader
- Commuter adviser
- International student mentor
- St. Thomas Activities and Recreation
- Resident adviser
- Apartment coordinator
If you have questions regarding a position or the selection process timetable, please contact the staff member responsible for the position:
- Orientation or commuter positions, Tori Svoboda, (651) 962-6052
- International student mentor, Pahoua Hoffman, (651) 962-6650
- REAL Project/Summer Academy peer adviser, Lisa Mueller, (651) 962-6458
- STAR interns, Amy Graff, (651) 962-6134, or Aaron Macke, (651) 962-6140
- All Residence Life positions, Cari Fealy, (651) 962-6476