The Center for Writing offers consulting online
From Dr. Susan Callaway
Center for Writing
Consultants in the Center for Writing are available to you online. As you plan your papers, organize your ideas or revise your drafts, consider contacting us.
We will work very much like we do in the center – by asking you questions about your purpose, audience, organization – or help you brainstorm and plan. We’ll reply to your request within 48 hours, so plan ahead.
We won’t proofread your paper for you. And we won’t write the paper for you by providing better wording or giving you a stronger organization. Instead, we’ll prompt you on how you might think through these issues. Remember, we are committed to helping you develop effective strategies for writing and revising that will serve you in all of your years at UST and beyond.
If you’d like to contact us online, be prepared with:
- The course name, number and professor
- A statement of the assignment – if not an electronic version of the assignment itself, have specific questions and concerns
- Not more than six pages of a draft – or direct us toward a specific part of a longer draft
We also are available to meet with you face-to-face during our regular hours:
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
- 9 a.m.-noon Fridays
- 6-9 p.m. Sundays (in O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center)
Questions? Send me an e-mail or call (651) 962-5601.