Tommie Experts taps into the knowledge of St. Thomas faculty and staff to help us better understand topical events, trends and the world in general.
For years, experts from Opus College of Business have answered business-related questions in a weekly Star Tribune column titled “Outside Consultant.” In the last couple months, faculty weighed in on how businesses can adapt to the new challenges that come with navigating COVID-19.
Here’s a look at some of the COVID-related columns:
- "How to effectively manage a work-from-home employee," by Mike Porter
- "Making good decisions in tough times," by David W. Jamieson
- "What businesses need to be doing to address cash flow in a crisis," by Mary Daugherty
- "How leaders can help employees get through virus upheaval," by Rama Hart
Other recent topics included:
- "Making the most of your business posts on Facebook," by Gino Giovannelli
- "What to do when company rules don't apply to everyone," by Nicole Zwieg Daly
- "How bias can affect your business decisions," by Jack Militello
- "You need to know your business audience to fine-tune your marketing pitch," by Mike Porter