Two service-learning workshops offered: 'Best Practices' and 'Service Learning at Open Arms Minnesota'
The Office of Service Learning will offer two faculty workshops in January:
- "Best Practices in Service Learning" workshop will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, Jan. 9-12.
- "Service Learning at Open Arms Minnesota" workshop will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, Jan. 16-19.
The "Best Practices in Service Learning" workshop is for all St. Thomas faculty who are interested in developing a course with a service-learning component.
- Learn about service learning
- Hear from faculty who have coordinated courses with service learning components successfully in the past
- Think together about where best in the community to partner for mastery of particular course objectives
- Gain feedback from colleagues as courses and components are developed.
This workshop is pending grant funding.
The "Service Learning at Open Arms Minnesota" workshop is for all St. Thomas faculty who are interested in developing a course with a service-learning component partnering with Open Arms Minnesota. Open Arms Minnesota is an organization that prepares meals for and delivers meals to people living with HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses in the Twin Cities. Open Arms welcomes involvement with every discipline. Come to explore whether it is a partnership that will enable students to learn the content of your course.
This workshop is made possible by a grant from Minnesota Campus Compact. To register, contact Vrudny.
If you have questions about either workshop, please call Cook, (651) 962-5380.