The University Advocates for Women and Equity elected several new members of the UAWE Coordinating Council at their Sept. 23 fall meeting and reception.
New and returning council members are:
- Liz Dussol, Academic Counseling, UAWE chair
- Paddy Satzer, Law Library Operations, UAWE treasurer
- Beth Bergfield, Faculty Development
- Sarah Churchill, International Student Services
- Vanessa Cornett-Murtada, Music Department
- Jessie McShane, Luann Dummer Center for Women and dean of students
- Susan Myers, Theology Department and Women’s Studies
- Ea McMillan Porter, CELC Marketing & Recruiting
- Mary Ann Ryan, Campus Life
- Gabriella Schiller, undergraduate student
- Colleen Stephens, Academic Counseling
- Michelle Thom, Human Resources
- Elizabeth Wehner, Physics Department
- Young-ok An, English Department and director of the Luann Dummer Center for Women (ex officio)
Contact any of these members with issues and concerns that you would like to see the UAWE address.
The UAWE was established to address issues of the climate for women students, staff and faculty at the University of St. Thomas. The committee has a particular mission of support and advocacy for women. Membership is open to everyone who supports the UAWE’s mission.
To learn more about the UAWE, visit www.stthomas.edu/uawe.