Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status. If a link has expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ website. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s website in order to access the full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Jesus on trial: What would a modern jury do?” CNN, April 22, 2011. “If Jesus were tried in Richmond, Virginia, today, would he have been sentenced to death? Or would he have faced life behind bars with no chance for parole?”
- “Minnesota’s biggest companies healing after the Great Recession,” Star Tribune, April 23, 2011. “Minnesota's biggest companies are heading down the path toward recovery after the Great Recession. Sales, profits, market values and employment collectively rose at Minnesota's 100 largest public companies in 2010 as the global economy gained traction.”
- “Many companies see better times in 2011,” Star Tribune, April 23, 2011. “Executives at most of Minnesota's biggest companies think 2011 is going to be a strong year for sales, hiring and capital investment. They also think health care reform needs to be revisited, pronto.”
- “Turnaround takes hold for state's largest firms,” Star Tribune, April 25, 2011. “After two recession-racked years of often desperate struggle, Minnesota's largest publicly traded companies enjoyed a reversal from their misfortune last year, as profits surged and hiring increased.”
- “Freewheel Bike gains traction with growth,” Star Tribune, April 25, 2011. “Peddling more than just bicycles, Freewheel Bike owner Kevin Ishaug is working to build Twin Cities ridership while expanding his bike shops' retail reach.”
- “College junior is NFL Draft guru,” KARE 11, April 26, 2011. “While most college students use spring break to go to tropical places, Shawn Zobel spent his in his apartment at the University of St. Thomas breaking down film of the players eligible for this year's NFL Draft.”
- “Rumors of General Mills takeover by Nestle,” KARE 11, April 26, 2011. “From Wheaties to Betty Crocker, General Mills has built quite a name for itself in Minnesota and according to business rumors Nestle may be in line to purchase the company.”