University of St. Thomas President Julie Sullivan recently announced that she will hold office hours monthly on both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses. Appointments will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. To schedule a 15-minute appointment with the president, call Karen Hennes, (651) 962-6500.
This semester, the president’s office hours will be:
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 29, in Room 100, Aquinas Hall
- 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13, in Room 289, Terrence Murphy Hall
- 2-4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, in Room 100, Aquinas Hall
- 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, in Room 289, Terrence Murphy Hall
- 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 8, in Room 100, Aquinas Hall
- 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15, in Room 289, Terrence Murphy Hall
For future reference, these dates also will be posted on the president’s website.
At this year’s Academic Convocation on Sept. 8, Sullivan said that “healthy organizations have good communication habits … (and) good communication requires presence, and it requires listening as well as sharing.” The president’s office hours are among the communication initiatives beginning this fall.
Sullivan and Dr. Richard Plumb, executive vice president and provost, are increasing their presence on the Minneapolis campus this year, sharing an office, Room 289, Terrence Murphy Hall. Sullivan hopes to work there one afternoon each week as her schedule permits, and Plumb plans to work in the Minneapolis office each Thursday. He welcomes walk-in visitors when his door is open.